Power and Utilities
The power and utilities sector is in the midst of profound
change. Emerging technologies and the changing demands of society
promise to reshape not only the energy we use, but also how we use
Any change creates risk, and at HSE's Centre for Energy Innovation we
help clients to manage safety and health risks. With experience
accumulated over more than a century, we have delivered
exceptional results for utility companies, policymakers,
regulators, power producers and investors in the UK and worldwide.
We can work with you to find innovative and effective solutions to
the issues you face.
Why choose HSE?
- We have the largest skill-set of any provider of health and
safety solutions in the UK. The hands-on experience of our
multi-disciplinary teams, combined with our cutting-edge research,
delivers innovative and practical risk management solutions.
- Our approach is evidence-based. We have our own strategic
research programme, while working routinely with partner
organisations and industry leaders. We have the tools and skills to
tell you quickly what should be top of your to-do list, and what
will have the greatest impact on your risk profile.
- We are at the forefront of understanding and improving
organisational safety culture, to reduce incidents caused by human
- We are world-leaders in the safe use of hydrogen, and our
research work has had a wide impact in enabling a hydrogen-powered
How can we help?
We offer a very broad range of skills and expertise, whether you
are looking to commission some bespoke research, or looking for
hands-on health and safety solutions.
Examples of how we've helped companies in the power and
utilities sector include:
- Assessing and comparing the risks of carbon dioxide and natural
gas pipelines, to develop and implement new technologies.
- Carrying out a hazard and risk review of the handling and
storage of biomass.
- Helping energy companies to address skills shortages, by
developing programmes to retain critical know-how.
- Measuring, benchmarking and improving safety culture, to drive
improvements in safety performance.
To discuss how we can help you with any health or safety related
issue, contact Tim Plowright: telephone +44 (0)203 028 2224, email
Back to Your business
Back to the top