Combustor Rig Facility
Rig is a purpose-built facility designed to provide a high pressure
jet release for a range of test requirements and research.
Utilising a Rolls-Royce 'Tay' combustor can, operating with either
liquid or gaseous fuels (e.g. kerosene or methane), a combustion
flame can be generated at very high pressures and temperatures,
typically up to 70 bar and 2000 K.
We have created a set of services to help you ensure
that your business is fully compliant with the
- Burn-through testing of aircraft engine shields exceeding
JAR/FAR CS25 guidance requirements.
- Pressure, temperature and heat flux measurements of combution
- Infra-red visualisation, imaging and temperature
- Engine testing under hypersonic flight conditions.
- Validation of mathematical models in the field of jet
- Source of hot, high velocity air for research purposes.
- Source of compressed air up to 207 bar.
- Nozzle diameter: 25.4mm.
- Chamber pressure: up to 70 bar.
- Air mass flow rate: up to 2kg/s.
- Air reservoir: 4m3 volume up to 207 bar.
- Fuel: kerosene or methane.
- Run time up to 10 minutes (depending upon test
- Remote control of air and fuel mass flow rate via dedicated
- Remotely operated sample positioning system for
Contact us to discuss your Combustor Rig testing
If you'd like more information about the Combuster Rig facility
or would like to discuss your requirements in detail, please
contact: Nigel Moss on +44 (0)203 028 2133 or
Back to the top