Are you confident that your workforce will always make
the safe choice?
Despite plans, procedures and systems, people can, and do, make
HSL has investigated every major industrial accident over the
last forty years.
We share the unrivalled insight and experience this gives us with
organisations, helping them to better understand their workplace
safety culture and showing them how they can make their workplaces
the safest in their industry.
With our help you can benefit from:
- reduced injury
- improved worker health and wellbeing
- confidence that you are doing everything possible to avoid
- less unplanned and expensive production downtime
- avoidance of financial and personal costs, and the reputational
damage arising from litigation
Can I really change an individual's
YES - and we will work in partnership with you to do this.
Our "Make it Happen" model will help you to
promote healthier and safer behaviour amongst your workforce and
management by tackling multiple influences on behaviour to achieve
positive culture change.
By working pragmatically and flexibly, and tailoring our
solution to your specific needs we ensure that you obtain value for
We will help you to identify and then address strategic
challenges in these core areas:
Can it happen?
Are your jobs well designed? Do you have a genuinely
supportive health and safety culture? Are you confident that your
senior leaders possess the right skills to act as enablers for
safe/healthy behaviour? Is safety always the priority for your
organisation, even when the business is under pressure?
Will it happen?
Do your employees have the right health and safety knowledge and
skills? Is training really making a difference or is it merely
regarded as a 'box-ticking' exercise? Would employees express the
same views on your health and safety culture to both a manager and
Do we want it to happen?
Is your workforce motivated and committed to creating a better
health and safety culture?
You can achieve measurable results
Every organisation will have different ways of measuring health
and safety performance. We can work with you to benchmark your
current performance using our research-based tools.
We can also help you to determine meaningful and reliable
indicators of the success of your health and safety
As examples, our clients report that our approach has delivered
- increases in reported near misses
- reductions in hours lost due to accidents reduced
- reductions in incidences of RIDDOR reportable accidents
- commitment to health and safety by management
- workforce participation and ownership of safety problems and
- improvement in trust between site staff and management
- improvement in organisational communications
Start changing health and safety behaviour now
Your business is unique, and probably complex. Most clients
begin by engaging us to assess the current influences on their
As a starting point, this will give you a strategic
- the root causes of the health and safety issues you are
experiencing, including why unsafe/unhealthy behaviours are
- the appropriateness of your management approach
- practical and evidence based recommendations to advance your
health and safety performance
Contact us now
To learn more about how you can benefit from our deep
understanding of human behaviour and leading scientific research in
this area, please call
Jane Hopkinson on +44 (0)1298 218708 or email firstname.lastname@example.org