Taking steps against workplace slips
GRIP is a footwear slip resistance rating scheme developed by
HSL to actively reduce slips.
Slips and trips are the most common cause of major injury to
employees*, leading to 2 million lost working days in 2012/13 and
representing a major financial burden to businesses.
The HSL GRIP rating scheme uses rigorous, scientific testing to
measure and grade the slip resistance of footwear.
GRIP will enable manufacturers to;
- Clearly show the level of slip resistance at point of
- Improve slip resistance during the design and development
- Gain competitive advantage over non-rated footwear.
GRIP will help footwear buyers
- Choose the right level of slip resistance for their
- Ensure maximum staff protection against slips,
- Reduce slipping accidents,
- Reduce business costs associated with slip-related
Our white paper 'Get a GRIP' explains how the scheme
works and where you can get further information about which
footwear has been rated.
Click here to download a free, printable
Footwear manufacturers can now obtain ratings for their
footwear. Click here for full details of the
Click here for your copy of the GRIP
*Source: HSE - Slips & trips and falls from height in Great
Back to the top