Lung disease remains a serious problem in the workplace
contributing to an estimated 12,000 deaths a year and thousands
more with life limiting conditions. Workplace lung disease is
therefore one of the key topics in HSE's Health and Work Strategy.
This Summit will describe what you can do about it,
what HSE is doing about it, and what science and
evidence can tell us.
Benefits of Attending
- Hear about HSE's position on occupational lung disease - what
the regulator is going to be doing and what they expect others to
- Get a better understanding of how to achieve effective control
of exposure in practice
- Understand the business case for improved control of risk and
hear directly about the human consequences of failure
- Engage with others facing the same challenges - learning from
those within your sector and from other sectors regarding good
practice and how to engage others for behaviour and attitude
See the draft overview programme
Who Should Attend
- Health and safety professionals, occupational health advisors
- Trade and sector bodies, unions, manufacturers of respiratory
risk solutions and services.
- Key industry sectors - construction, manufacturing (including
stone-working, ceramics, and bakeries) and quarries.
- Academics and professionals working on workplace lung
Sponsorship and Exhibition Opportunities
We have various sponsorship opportunities available to suit
organisations of different sizes and budgets. HSE events provide an
excellent networking opportunity and can offer you a targeted
platform to raise your organisation's profile and promote products
and services to industry decision-makers.
Early Bird registration up until 1st September 2017
is £350. Standard registration from 2nd September is £425. - Book
Location and Date
Queen Elizabeth II Centre, Broad Sanctuary, Westminster, London,
SW1P 3EE on 22nd November 2017 - Book online here
HSE Training and Conferences on 01298 218806 or
Book the Early Bird fee online
Download the first announcement