Stress Series: A Workshop for those who Line Manage
HSL is to run a 2 day course on Stress Series: A Workshop for those who Line Manage.
Please email your expression of interest
Knowing how to risk assess for work-related stress can
seem challenging. Having discussions with individual team members
about potential problems of work-related stress can also be quite
daunting for line managers. Knowing how to assess and tackle the
problems can be challenging due to the subjective nature of the
topic. Considering what you can do to foster a team spirit that
means problems of work-related stress don't appear in the first
place might seem even harder.
This 2-day workshop considers how you can effectively
use the HSE's Management Standards approach to engage with and
develop a high performing team. The workshop will cover the
following two key areas
- Work-related stress and the associated HSE Management
Standards process. Here you will gain knowledge and
- What work-related stress is, it's causes, signs and
- How to undertake a risk assessment to highlight the key
psychosocial risk factors within your team's working
- How to carry out an individual risk assessment by structuring
your conversation around the management standards
- How to develop suitable and sufficient interventions to address
problems of work-related stress (including preventative
interventions and coping strategies)
- Leading the team. Here you will be
introduced to the evidence based competencies required to
effectively manage and lead on work-related stress. You will learn
about the importance of being aware of your own and others'
sub-conscious bias, i.e. how our perceptions of events can
sway/impact on our decision making and how this can impact on
relations between you and your team.
You will also learn about some positive
interventions that you might use to help create a high performing
team including how to:
- Select, recruit and assess individuals
- Run an effective meeting to effectively engage your team
- Design healthy jobs and tasks
- Create team spirit, motivate others and establishing
- Manage and use conflict within teams effectively
- Manage those who work remotely, alone and/or virtually
- Manage performance - rewarding and recognising good performance
as well as managing poor performance and handling difficult
- Manage those who are off work and those returning to work,
including the importance of the psychological contract
- Establish social capital and a just culture
- Improve workforce engagement
- Build team relations and communicate effectively
- Address bullying and harassment
- Build people's self-efficacy and resilience
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for line managers and/or those
responsible for a managing a team of people.
This workshop can also be tailored to be delivered in-house.
The workshop will be run at the Health & Safety Laboratory in
the spa town of Buxton. Buxton is in the heart of the Peak District
and has good links to mainline train stations and Manchester
Details of hotels in the Buxton area can be found at www.visitbuxton.co.uk
The cost of this workshop is £TBA per
person (includes course notes, lunch and refreshments).
Please note the invoice option is not available within 4
weeks of the course date, or for overseas customers. If you
are selecting the invoice option for payment, it will be mandatory
to input a purchase order/reference number as we are unable to
process booking forms without this.
For further dates and additional information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact the Training & Conferences Unit
at HSL directly on +44 (0)1298 218806.
Back to Health & Safety Training Courses
Back to the top