HSL is to run a 2 day course on Stress Series: A Workshop for those Leading the Organisation's Approach to Stress Management.
10 - 11 April 2019
Other available dates: email us to
25 - 26 September 2019
How do you implement a comprehensive stress management
programme across the business? How do you set your vision, engage
the workforce and initiative a suitable programme that is tailored
to your business needs? How do you ensure that it is successful and
compliant with regulation?
This 2-day workshop is tailored to those who are
expected to lead the organisation's approach to stress management,
i.e. those working in HR, health and safety and occupational health
The workshop will cover three key topic areas:
- Work-related stress and the associated HSE Management
Standards process. Here you will gain knowledge and
- What work-related stress is, it's causes, signs and
- Why tackle stress and associated case examples
- How to undertake a business-wide risk assessment to highlight
the key psychosocial risk factors within your business
- How to develop suitable and sufficient interventions to address
problems of work-related stress, with a focus on preventative
- How to evaluate the success of your stress management
- Leadership competencies required to manage stress
- Individual case management. Here you
will gain an understanding of:
- How to carry out an individual risk assessment by structuring
your conversation around the management standards
- Manage those who are off work and those returning to work,
including the importance of the psychological contract
- Creating a high performing team. Here
you will learn about some positive interventions that you might use
to help create a high performing team including how
- Select, recruit and assess individuals
- Design healthy jobs and tasks
- Establish social capital and a just culture
- Improve workforce engagement
- Manage performance - rewarding and recognising good performance
as well as managing poor performance and handling difficult
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for line managers and/or those
responsible for a team of people.
This workshop can also be tailored to be delivered in-house.
The workshop will be run at the Health & Safety Laboratory in
the spa town of Buxton. Buxton is in the heart of the Peak District
and has good links to mainline train stations and Manchester
Details of hotels in the Buxton area can be found at www.visitbuxton.co.uk
The cost of this workshop is £1,150 per
person (includes course notes, lunch and refreshments).
Please note the invoice option is not available within 4
weeks of the course date, or for overseas customers. If you
are selecting the invoice option for payment, it will be mandatory
to input a purchase order/reference number as we are unable to
process booking forms without this.
For further dates and additional information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact the Training & Conferences Unit
at HSL directly on +44 (0)203 028 3704.
Back to HSE Health & Safety Training Courses