The GB Explosives Notified Body (ENB) offers an
independent, specialised technical service in the assessment and
certification (CE-marking) of explosives within the scope
of the European Directive 2014/28/EU (the Civil Uses
Directive recast). ENB operates within the Health and Safety
Laboratory under the Explosives Regulations 2014
(Amendment) (ERAR2016), which implement the Directive
in Great Britain.
Directive 2014/28/EU and ERAR2016 lay down safety requirements
and transfer arrangements for:
• blasting explosives
• detonating cords
The Civil Uses Directive (recast) and ERAR2016 do not cover
military explosives or most pyrotechnic articles.
Further information is available by following these links:
- HSE pages on CE marking of explosives
- Council Directive 2014/28/EU (on the
harmonisation of the provisions on the placing on the market and
supervision of explosives for civil uses recast)
- ERAR2016 (Explosives Regulations 2014
Lists of certificates
Lists of EC Type Certificates issued and withdrawn along
with Quality Approvals withdrawn are contained in the
The spreadsheet contains three tabs:
- EC Type Certificates issued
- EC Type Certificates cancelled or withdrawn
- Quality Approvals withdrawn
Each list is fully searcheable and can be sorted and
filtered as required.
- Certificates listed on our website may have been superseded by
one issued by a different notified body.
- Our website is only updated every month.
- If you are in doubt whether a Certificate or Approval to Affix
the CE Mark is still valid please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or telephone +44 (0)203 028 2216 for clarification.
European Notified Bodies
of European Notified Bodies
For further information please email email@example.com or
GB Explosives Notified Body
Health and Safety Laboratory
Harpur Hill, Buxton, Derbyshire,
Telephone: +44 (0)203 028 2216