Oil and Gas
The oil and gas sector is facing major challenges which impact
on health and safety, including working with ageing assets, the
need to improve safety culture, and working with less accessible
oil and gas reserves.
HSL has worked with the oil and gas industry for over 25 years.
We deliver practical solutions which help you manage asset
integrity while keeping your workforce safe and healthy.
We are at the forefront of understanding and improving
organisational safety culture, to help reduce major incidents
caused by human factors.
Why choose HSL?
- Our role in investigating accidents for the Health and Safety
Executive (HSE) means we have a unique understanding of why
accidents happen and how they can be prevented. You benefit from
the real hands-on expertise of our multi-disciplinary teams.
- Our extensive oil and gas experience is enhanced by detailed
knowledge of other high-hazard industries. This means you can tap
into relevant research and knowledge from other sectors.
- Our acclaimed facilities mean we can conduct cutting-edge
research in-house, on physical processes and plant.
- Our outstanding consultancy services provide a unique insight
into human factors such as safety culture and worker
How can we help?
We offer problem-solving, experimental testing and safety
engineering, bespoke research and expert advice on the management
Examples of how we've helped companies in the oil and gas sector
- identifying and managing fire and explosion hazards in ageing
- promoting safe behaviours through our Safety Climate Tool
- carrying out hazard and operability studies for a new onshore
To discuss how we can help you with any health or safety related
issue, contact Dr Paul Grant on Tel. +44 (0) 01298 218197 or
Back to Your business
Back to the top