We recognise the enormous challenge and complexity of designing,
building, operating and decommissioning nuclear sites.
At HSL we help both operators and the regulator by applying the
science of health and safety to reduce hazards to people and
plant right across the asset life cycle.
From the design of the working enviroment, through to the
development of work processes and the construction, safe operation
and eventual decommisioning of nuclear sites, we help our clients
to control and reduce the hazards to people and plant, enabling
better business performance.
Why choose HSL?
- We are part of the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), and work
closely with the Office for Nuclear Regulations. This means we are
uniquely placed to offer solutions that comply with the relevant
standards and with current legislation.
- We work collaboratively with our clients to ensure that the
health and safety science we provide solves real business
- Our staff are world-leaders in their fields, and our
multidisciplinary teams deliver evidence-based solutions to help
you assess and control risk.
- You will benefit from decades of experience and knowledge, much
of it gained by investigating serious incidents on behalf of
- We have facilities that you won't find anywhere else in
How can we help?
There is, appropriately, a major focus in the nuclear sector on
managing the radiological risk but the heath and safety of the
60,000 nuclear employees in the UK is also business critical. Our
expertise helps the industry to ensure that they have a healthy,
safe, competent workforce, operating in a system designed to assure
HSL works with the industry to:
- Reduce hazards at legacy radioactive waste facilities,
particularly on the Sellafield site.
- Help assess the effects of ageing plant, such as the risk of
cracks in graphite bricks.
- Measure, benchmark and improving safety culture across the
Nuclear Decommissioning Authority estate using our Safety Climate
Tool and human factors expertise.
- Develop High Reliability Organisations with health and safety
leadership from the top down.
To discuss how we can help you, please contact:
Paul Grant on +44 (0)1298 218197 or send an email
Back to Your business
Back to the top