Defence and Security Sector
The risks facing organisations in the defence and security
sector, and the task of keeping staff safe and healthy within given
constraints, are becoming more and more challenging.
At HSL we have the widest skills base of any health and safety
organisation in the UK, enabling us to assess and control risks in
hazardous environments. Managing risks in security and defence
often requires detailed knowledge in specific areas. Our expertise
and world-class facilities help us find effective solutions for
Why choose HSL?
- Every year we investigate over 200 serious incidents for the
Health and Safety Executive (HSE), including in the defence and
security sector. As a result, we have a unique understanding of why
accidents happen, and how they can be prevented. You benefit from
the hands-on experience of our multi-disciplinary teams.
- Our staff are world-leaders in their fields, with particular
expertise for example in CBRN (Chemical, Biological, Radiological
and Nuclear) material, as well as in making sure that personal
protective equipment (PPE) is fit-for-purpose in the environment
and context it is used in.
- At HSL we are able to measure air pollution, noise and other
environmental factors, and help to reduce their impact on
- We are independent and have our own strategic research
programme. By working with us you are able to tap into the latest
thinking on the health and safety risks that impact on defence and
How can we help?
Here are some examples of what we have delivered for government
departments and businesses in the defence and security sector:
- Providing impact testing of various materials and devices.
- Carrying out forensic examinations for corrosion, fatigue and
- Controlling risks of explosions, including EMTAP-testing.
- Providing advice on appropriate personal protective equipment
(PPE) and testing its suitability in the environment it is used
To discuss how we can help you with any health or safety-related
issue, contact our Security and Defence Sector Manager, Paul Baker:
Telephone +44 (0) 1298 218799; Email email@example.com.
Back to Your business
Back to the top