Resilience: Optimising performance through workforce and organisational resilience - Seminar
HSL is to run a 1 day course on Resilience: Optimising performance through workforce and organisational resilience - Seminar.
8th October 2013
Finding ways of enabling organisations and their workforce to
remain productive in difficult times is crucial. Equipping your
workforce with the skills that allow them to thrive in challenging
circumstances will enable sustainable productivity.
Delivered by HSL experts, this workshop aims to cover various
aspects of health and resilience at work (physical, psychological
and social aspects, traditional (health and safety management
systems) as well as newer approaches (behaviour change
applications, nudge and mindfulness, etc) to enhance organisational
and individual resilience.
This event is founded upon extensive research and collaborative
international projects carried out by HSL. Working as both
researchers and consultants, HSL's psychologists have turned
current theory and knowledge on the topics of health and resilience
into practical techniques that can be implemented in the workplace.
It differs from other approaches to this topic by demonstrating how
psychological principles and approaches can be incorporated into
the wider health and safety management system. This will help
ensure an integrated, and therefore more effective approach to
employee and organisational resilience.
- Defining organisational and individual resilience
- Factors that influence health and resilience (Individual:
physical, psychological and social and organisational factors)
- Making the case for resilience
- The Organisation: Session: Preparing your organisation for an
integrated and holistic approach to wellbeing
- Setting a vision and mission
- Organisational responsibilities
- Assessment tools
- Strategies on how to embed your approach into your day - to day
business and operations
- The Organisation: Session: Leadership; from senior manager to
- The role of leadership in promoting and enhancing employee
- Senior manager and line manager competencies relevant to health
- How a flexible and authentic style of leadership is possible
during difficult times
- Succession planning
- The Team: Session: Fostering team cohesion
- Conflict resolution
- Positive team dialogue and development of values
- Support systems including knowledge sharing techniques
- Worker involvement strategies and communication
- Assessing team assets and burdens
- The Individual: Session: Interventions to maintain and enhance
health and resilience
- Work-life balance
- Coping strategies
- Healthy body
- Professional Development
Health and Safety Laboratory, Buxton, Derbyshire, SK17
£325 per person
Who should attend?
This event is intended for Duty Holders, Health and Safety
Managers/Professionals, Occupational Health Managers/Professionals
and Human Resource Managers/Professionals.
Please note the invoice option is not available within 4
weeks of the course date.
For further information email: email@example.com
or contact the Training Unit at HSL directly on 01298 218806.
hotels in the Buxton area can be found at
Back to Health and Safety Training Courses
Back to the top